March is Women’s History Month and for the past few years I’ve created little tributes to some of my favorite fictional characters and matched them to real women in history.
This year I’m hosting a bound/cosplay challenge.
I’ve assigned a theme to each week in March:
- March 1-6: Healers (ex. doctors, nurses, first responders, therapists)
- March 8-13: Educators (ex. teachers, historians, librarians, parents)
- March 15-20: Explorers (ex. scientists, pirates, astronauts, researchers)
- March 22-27: Storytellers (ex. authors, poets, filmmakers, journalists, artists)
- March 29-April 3: Leaders (ex. politicians, royals, judges, ceos, pioneers)
I listed examples for each theme but feel free to interpret them however you want. The purpose of this event is to celebrate women in history, your heroes, whomever they may be. I encourage representation from all cultures, but please be mindful and respectful in your portrayals. Representation of trans women in history is absolutely welcome (trans women are women). Finally, history is a living record, figures may be found in myth or legend as well as textbooks or museums.
You may participate as often as you like, for as many themes are you like. Use the hashtag #HerStoryBound and tag me (@pixiedane on instagram) so I may share your posts to my story. Any questions, please feel free to message me on instagram or twitter.